What is brain diabetes? Strong links have been made between Alzheimer’s and Diabetes. Dementia may be triggered by a type of insulin resistance occurring specifically in the brain. Type 3 diabetes (brain diabetes) is a controversial name sometimes used to refer to Alzheimer’s disease, a type of progressive dementia. (We are not talking about 3C which is a secondary condition that may arise as a result of other pancreatic diseases.)

The neurologist, Dean Sherazi, MD says that 3% of Alzheimer’s is heavily driven by genes. The other 97% is based on your body’s ability to eliminate waste.

alzeimer's brain diabetes


Do you feel like your memory isn’t what it used to be?

Alzheimer’s causes a gradual decline in memory, thinking, and reasoning skills. Symptoms of Alzheimer’s depend on the stage of the disease, it is divided into three stages but presents differently for everyone.

alzheimersEarly symptoms include:

  • Memory loss
  • Misplacing items
  • Forgetting the names of places and objects
  • Repeating themselves regularly or asking the same question several times
  • Becoming less flexible and more hesitant to try new things

Middle-stage symptoms include:

  • Increasing confusion and disorientation
  • Obsessive, repetitive or impulsive behavior
  • Delusions (believing things that are untrue)
  • Problems with speech or language (aphasia)
  • Disturbed sleep
  • Changes in mood, such as frequent mood swings, depression and feeling increasingly anxious, frustrated or agitated
  • Difficulty in performing spatial tasks, such as judging distances
  • Agnosia

Later symptoms include:

  • Difficulty in changing position or moving around without assistance
  • Considerable weight loss – although some people eat too much and put on weight
  • Gradual loss of speech
  • Significant problems with short and long-term memory

Supplements Can Help

opc synergy for brain health
Your brain health should be a top priority if you are noticing any decline. Don’t just chalk it up to getting older! If you are interested in trying OPC Synergy right away, click on this link to shop online or if you are local stop into our office to grab a bottle today.

Make some changes for your brain health.

For the best outcome, begin making lifestyle changes and taking supplements that support the brain TODAY. Be sure to follow our June facebook posts for some great ideas and products.

Let Dr. Jordan and Dr. Hutsell help you make sense of the supplement world at your next appointment. They will create a plan to get you back on track! (Most supplements found in grocery stores are low quality, have fillers and very little of the main ingredient. We choose the supplements we offer VERY carefully. We only use the most effective, high-quality options we can find.)

The body is made to heal naturally with the right tools.

Contact us for an appointment.