An interview with Rhonda Schrock
This interview/discussion between Maria of Hutsell Chiropractic and Rhonda Schrock covers topics of:
- trauma, anxiety, and stress
- how to heal naturally
- as well as faith, hope, and empowerment.
Rhonda Schrock is the mother of four sons, ages 32 to 15. She and her husband, Grant, live in Wakarusa, Indiana. Rhonda wrote “Grounds for Insanity,” a weekly column, for The Goshen News, for seven years. She is a prolific blogger and freelance writer whose work has appeared in various publications. She loves speaking to others about the hope and joy she carries within after experiencing trauma. https://rhondaschrock.com/
How to Begin Healing from Trauma – Video Interview
We hope this video discussion helps you to think about the brain, mind, and the body in the healing of trauma. Your body just needs the right tools to heal. We discuss some of the natural ways to heal.
“The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma” by Bessel Van Der Kolk M.D.
This book includes the doctor’s 30 years of work to understand how people deal with, survive, and heal from traumatic experiences. It provides both a scientific perspective and a neurological perspective, on what happens to the brain when trauma occurs.
Natural therapies for trauma recovery
The brain is affected by damage or changes to the body, and there are many tools that can rewire the brain. If you are coming from a faith perspective, you might understand that you can be transformed by the renewing of your mind, and change your attitude. If you are looking for a natural, organic solution, there are a number of natural therapies that would help with post-traumatic stress syndrome, anxiety, sleep issues, etc.
A few natural ways to help both the mind and body recover from trauma:
- Art, Music, Dance: Anything to draw a person to explore their sources of joy, creativity, meaning and connection – all the things that make life worth living
- Writing to yourself, journaling, self observing
- EMDR, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Trauma Informed Yoga
- Breathing techniques
- Neurofeedback – stabilizes the brain and increases resiliency, allowing us to develop more choices in how we respond.
- Magnesphere / Stress Relief – you can purchase a Magnesphere or have sessions in the Hutsell Chiropractic in Nappanee, IN
- Magnesium baths
- Chiropractic care can help the nervous system. Our bodies can get stuck in fight or flight mode, increasing cortisol as if a bear was chasing us! Adjustments can help.
“Fear is contagious, but courage is contagious, too. I thought about it; if I’m going to be a carrier of something, I want it to be courage.”
– America’s Small, Caffeinated Mom – Rhonda Yoder Schrock
If you are struggling with trauma, stress, depression, or anxiety and would like direction, give us a call to schedule an appointment with Dr. Hutsell or Dr. Jordan. We are here to give you hope, empowerment, and healing.